General Requirements for Transferable Credit
- Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may transfer.
- Only courses comparable to courses offered by Simmons may transfer as credits toward a particular major.
- Only credit earned with a grade of C or above may transfer.
- Grades of “pass” must be accompanied by proof that it represents a C or higher.
- Quarter hours will transfer as two-thirds semester hour credits.
- There is no expiration for credits that were previously earned/completed as it pertains to the total 128-credit requirement for degree completion — though some programs may place a time limit on whether older courses fulfill major requirements due to accrediting bodies.
- Credit attributable to the completion of major requirements are decided with an official Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) from the Simmons Office of the Registrar.
- Transfer credits will be applied to your Simmons record once all official transcripts are received.
Transfer credit will not be granted for:
- developmental, remedial, or pre-college courses
- professional development or skills-based courses such as EMT, CPR, personal wellness, etc.
- recreational or physical education courses
- English as a Second Language (ESL) courses and all Boston Language Institute courses
- credit given by exam at another institution or transfer credit granted by another institution