Accelerated MPH for Simmons University Undergraduate Students
Jump-start Your MPH Career with an Accelerated MPH
Applying to the Accelerated MPH Program
- As a first step, Simmons undergraduate Public Health majors should reach out to Professor Val Leiter if considering applying to the Accelerated MPH program. Applicants must complete a required advising checklist (PDF, 100KB) before beginning their application.
- Applicants must submit an application to the MPH@Simmons program no later than March 1 of their sophomore or junior year, depending on their preferred plan of study. (Students may take 1 MPH course in their junior fall and 1 MPH course in their senior fall, or may instead elect to take 2 MPH courses in their senior year fall.)
- Applicants must be public health majors in good academic standing, having earned a 3.0 GPA or higher overall.
- Completed application form
- One essay
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from your public health advisor stating your accelerated course plan and preferably one from a professional or volunteer supervisor)
- Transcripts of all undergraduate study, including your official Simmons transcript
- Current résumé
- Advising Checklist (PDF, 100KB)
Matriculating Into the MPH Program
- Health Equity & Social Justice (MHEO 410) will count as an undergraduate elective.
- Epidemiology (MHEO 415) will take the place of Introduction to Epidemiology (PH 201) to fulfill the undergraduate epidemiology requirement. If PH 201 has already been completed, MHEO 415 will count as an undergraduate elective.