Simmons Public Health Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Jump-start Your MPH Career with the Public Health Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Applying to the Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
- As a first step, Simmons undergraduate Public Health majors should reach out to Professor Professor Carolyn Rodgers if considering applying to the Bachelor’s to Master’s Program. Applicants must complete a required advising checklist (PDF, 89KB) before beginning their application.
- Applicants must submit an application to the MPH@Simmons program no later than March 1 of their sophomore or junior year, depending on their preferred plan of study. Simmons undergraduate Public Health majors will work with Professor Rodgers to design a plan to take 2 graduate Public Health courses during their junior and/or senior years. Students may take 1 MPH course per semester in addition to their undergraduate courses.
- Applicants must be public health majors in good academic standing, having earned a 3.0 GPA or higher overall.
- Completed application form
- One essay
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from your public health advisor stating your accelerated course plan and preferably one from a professional or volunteer supervisor)
- Transcripts of all undergraduate study, including your official Simmons transcript
- Current résumé
Matriculating Into the MPH Program
- Health Equity & Social Justice (MHEO 410) will count as an undergraduate elective.
- Epidemiology (MHEO 415) will take the place of Introduction to Epidemiology (PH 201) to fulfill the undergraduate epidemiology requirement. If PH 201 has already been completed, MHEO 415 will count as an undergraduate elective.