Online DNP Program Admission
Empowering and educating nurses since 1902, Simmons University offers an online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program that brings our esteemed campus-based program to advanced practice nurses across the country through a dynamic online learning platform and live classes.
Cohort Start Dates and Deadlines
The DNP online program welcomes a new cohort each May and September. Admission to each cohort is broken into three rounds: If you apply by Round 1 or Round 2, you will receive your admission decision earlier. By applying earlier, you can also save on your application fee. The application fee will be waived for Round 1 applicants and reduced to $30 for Round 2 applicants. If you apply by Round 3, you will pay the full $50 application fee.
For the May 2021 cohort, deadlines are as follows:
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Admission decisions sent in January
Tuesday, February 1, 2021
Admission decisions sent in March
Friday, April 2, 2021
Admission decisions sent by late April
To apply to the program, you must have:
- a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from a regionally accredited U.S. postsecondary institution
- a current unencumbered and unrestricted U.S. registered nurse (RN) license
- U.S. board certification in an advanced practice specialty (NP, CNS, CNM, CRNA) that is in good standing
- a minimum of two years of professional experience as a licensed RN. Experience as a board-certified advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) is recommended and preferred.
- successfully completed (with a grade of 83 or better) a 3-credit course in statistics. If you do not meet this requirement, please contact an admission counselor to discuss other fulfillment options.
In addition to completing the online application, you will need to submit the following items:
- current curriculum vitae (CV)
- one-to-two-page personal statement
- transcript(s) of your academic record
- three letters of recommendation
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score if your native language is not English
- supplemental documents from your professional portfolio (optional)
GRE scores are not required.
Application Benefits for Current Students and Alumni
Current students and alumni of Simmons’ online or on-campus MSN program may benefit from a streamlined application process and an application fee waiver. Additionally, students and alumni may also receive up to 6 credits toward their DNP based on performance in specific Simmons MSN coursework.
To receive more information and get started on your application today, complete the form above.