Leadership & Faculty
Consulting and Professional Activity
Tamara J. Cadet
Dana Grossman Leeman
Goals of the Study
Focus of the Study
- What factors significantly correlate with self-esteem?
- To what extent do these factors account for variances in self-esteem?
- How is the self-esteem of African American women related to stress levels, individual and family problem solving, and family adaptation?
Robin M. Johnson
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP)
- Certified Oral Proficiency Tester, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- 2005-Present: Board/Founding Member, Makula Fund for Children
- 2005-Present: Board Member, Girma Haddis Foundation
- 1995-Present: Founding Member, Boston Institute for Culturally Affirming Practices
- 2004-Present: Advisory Board Member, The Guidance Center, Inc.
- 1992-Present: Board Member, De Novo: Center for Justice and Healing (formally Community Legal Services and Counseling Center)
- 1997-2008: Board Member, St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Clinical Pastoral Education Program
- 1996-Present: Board Member, The Danielsen Institute, Boston University
- 1995-Present: Consultant, Center for Multi-Cultural Training in Psychology, Boston Medical Center
- 1997-1999: Consultant, International Institute of Boston
- 1992-1996: Member, Diversity Task Force for Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy
- 1990-1996: Board Member, Temporary Care Services – Respite Care for Mentally Handicapped Children
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Association of Black Social Workers (ABSW)
- American Psychological Association
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA)
- Boston Institute for Culturally Affirming Practices (BICAP)
- Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy
- American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Commission on Global Education in Social Work (CSWE)
- International Society for Traumatic and Stress Studies (ISTSS)
- International Consortium of Social Development (ICSD)
- International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW)
- 2018-2021: Social Work Alumni Fund Endowed Chair
- 2018: Center for Global Education Leadership Award, Simmons University, Boston, MA
- 2016: Mentor Recognition, Society for Social Work Research Conference, Washington, DC.
- 2014: Fulbright Specialist Roster. U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and the Institute of International Education’s Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- 2014:Greatest Contribution to Social Work Education. NASW Mass Chapter Symposium 2014. NASW Mass Chapter Symposium, Framingham, MA.
- 2003: Cultural and Economic Diversity (Social Justice) Award by the American Family Therapy Academy, Miami, FL.
- 1999: Paradigm Shift Award. Distinguished Service Award in Pastoral Psychotherapy, Andover-Newton, MA
- 1999: Paul Johnson Award. Nomination for Teaching Assistantship, Boston University, Boston, MA.