Advanced Standing Online MSW ProgramAdmission
- Hold a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) and have graduated from a college or university that is regionally accredited and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) recognized through its International Social Work Degree Recognition and Evaluation Services or covered under its memo of understanding with international social work accreditors that was granted within the past seven years.
- Have received a grade of B (3.3) or better in each of their BSW courses.
- Have earned an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation. Of the two letters of recommendation, one must be from the supervisor of the applicant’s BSW internship. Applicants employed in a social work position for a minimum of one year post-BSW may submit a letter of recommendation from a supervisor.
- An advanced standing essay. In addition to the statement of professional and educational intent, candidates must submit a two- to three-page, double-spaced summary of what they learned in their BSW internship. This summary should include:
- social work models and approaches that the applicant used
- a case example that exemplifies how the applicant applied theory to guide understanding of the case and intervention or treatment plan
- a self-assessment of what the applicant has learned to-date, that includes goals and challenges anticipated in an advanced clinical placement
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent BSW field placement evaluation.